Conclusion of Clinical Study
Product type: Red Kwao Krua Capsule
Function: Herblth Food (Food Supplement)
Test Period: 2 months
Number of Testers: 42 Placebo
46 consume 400mg/day, everyday
49 consume 800mg/day, everyday
The human test as a food supplement or functional food of Butea superba has been tested in 142 testers with erectile malfunction at the age of 20-55 years old. The gifrst group is placebo, receiving 200mg tapioca starch capsule, 1 capsule after breakfast and 1 capsule after dinner. The second group receiving 200mg Butea superba capsule, 1 capsule after breakfast and 1 capsule after dinner. The third group receiving 200mg Butea superba capsule, 2 capsules after breakfast and 2 capsules after dinner. Seven parameters have been evaluated as shown in Table 1.
In conclusion, Butea superba powder prepared as mentioend earlier is proven to be a herbal anti-potency for men via its strong vasodilator effect especially at the penis. Working through this mechanism, it is possible to use Butea superba directly or as a main part in the herbal product to treat erectile dysfunction male. To test this hypothesis, 65 erectile dysfunction healthy volunteers are divided into 2 groups. The first group is placebo receivingtapioca strach capsule at a size of 200mg, 2 capsules after breakfast and 2 capsules after dinner while the experiment groups receiving Butea superba at the same size and the same route for 2 months study. The result of the study is shown in Table 2.
Table 1. Efficacy test of Butea superba consumption as food supplement or functional food in erectile malfucntion male for 2 months.
- * response (day) =erection at every early morning
- easier erectile = erection nearly immediated when physical female contact occuured
- prolong erectile = increase erection time during sexual intercourse
- post ejaculation erectile = keep on erection at least 2 minutes after ejaculation
- increase erectile frequencies = weekly erection frequencies increase singificantly
- increase sexual intercourse frequencies = weekly sexual intercourse frequencies incraese significantly
- 5 testers stop at day 3-4 because of adverse effects (2 neck pain, 3 backache), 1 tester stop permanently, 4 testers continue after supplementation with daily drinking of fresh milk with no more adverse effect shown.
Table 2. Efficacy test of Butea superba in erectile dysfunction male
The recovering case in the placebo may be due to psychological effect while the experiment group showed significance recovering number. Furthermore, in both erectile malfunction and erectile dysfunction tester groups, there is no evidence of prostate hyperplasia. This result should due mainly to β-sitosterol which is exist in this herb and is reported before as a potent anti-prostate hyuperplasia agent (Klippel et al., 1997)This study is mostly subjective under standard interview guidline. Testers were climinated for alcoholic and alter sexual partner behavior.